From schools to critical infrastructures, ransomware attacks have become increasingly prevalent. With our world becoming more connected, we are also becoming vulnerable to these attacks on a massive scale.
Here are some startling facts according to this Forbes article published March 2021:
- Cybercrime to cost the world $10.5 trillion annually by 2025
- 95% of cybersecurity breaches are caused by human error
- On average, only 5% of companies’ folders are properly protected
- The average cost of a data breach is $3.86 million as of 2020
- Phishing attacks account for more than 80% of reported security incidents.
- 1 in 5 Americans victim of ransomware
Popfizz Cybersecurity Course
Popfizz cybersecurity course gives students a broad overview of the internet and cybersecurity. Students will explore cybersecurity career paths, common cyber attacks, and cybersecurity in the news. Next, students will learn about online and personal safety where they explore cyberbullying, personally identifiable information, social media security risks, and secure passwords. Finally, students will immerse themselves in applied cybersecurity and be introduced to Unix/Linux, an anatomy of a phishing attack, and forensic investigations.
- Unit 1. Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Unit 2. The Dark Side of the Web
- Unit 3. Online and Personal Security
- Unit 4. Cryptography
Here’s a sample video of what is covered in Unit 1. Activity 5 – Data’s Journey.
Join us for the mini 45-minute Cybersecurity Workshop on June 9th, 2021 3 PM PST to ask any questions and to learn more about the course.