NYC Public School employees and teachers earn 3 credits/ 45 CTLE Hours. The courses count as hours towards the Continuing Teacher and Leader Education requirements by NYSED. You can receive credit towards your differential and hours towards CTLE at the same time.
To register for Popfizz Computer Science PD courses, please register for an ASPDP account using your DOE email address, and on the Popfizz Computer Science website.
The ASPDP Courses on Popfizz are:
- Intro to Computer Science with Raspberry Pi and Python PD [ASPDP] [Popfizz]
- Intro to Computer Science with Python [ASPDP] [Popfizz]
* 3 Credits/ 45 CTLE Hours
Registering at ASPDP:
- To enroll in a course, participants must first log into their ASPDP account.
- Once you have successfully logged in, click on the Course Registration button on the home screen. This will take you to the course catalog where you can search for courses.
- Type “Computer Science” into the search box and click the “Search” button. This will display a selection of Popfizz CS courses.
- Click “Add to Course Cart” for any desired courses. You can also add a course to your cart directly from individual courses’ course details pages.
- You may then continue to search for courses, or check out and pay by clicking “View Course Cart” (located in the top right corner of the screen).
Registering at Popfizz:
- Visit https://popfizz.io/
- Click the “Sign Up Free” button located on the top right corner of the website page.
- Go to the Professional Development page and select the same course you’ve selected from the NYC ASPDP website to enroll.
- Click “Enroll Now”.
- Make the purchase.
Participants experiencing difficulties registering for a specific course are advised to contact the ASPDP office at 718-935-5753. Note that if you are trying to register for the class after the registration deadline, or if you are trying to register for more than 12 credits in a given semester, the website will not permit you to complete your registration. For more information, visit https://pci.nycenet.edu/aspdp/Home/Policy#page_2
For any assistance with Popfizz CS course registration, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.