Hour of Code: Power up Python with Popfizz
Take your project to the next level
Python is one of the most popular programming languages used by developers in a vast range of fields. The wide selection of libraries can be easily incorporated into your code to take your project to the next level.
Data Visualization | Grades 9+ | Beginner
Visualize and extract information from real data by using Python’s libraries. What does the graph tell you? Do you spot anomalies?
Retro PyGame| Grades 9+ | Advanced
What games do you play? Developing a well crafted game requires attention to detail. Use classes and objects to create your own Space Shooter game.
For Grades 9+
- Create graphs using Python libraries
- Present data in a way that is accessible and easy to understand
- Extract information from data
Libraries – Matplotlib, Numpy, Panda
Read data from CSV file
Line graph and bar graph
For Grades 9+ (Advanced)
- Use basic concepts of object oriented programming
- Develop game algorithms using sequence, iteration, and selection
- Work with libraries
- Variables, lists
- Loops – for, while
- Function (multiple parameters)
- Classes and objects
Check out more content
Popfizz Computer Science offers online professional development and curriculum for grades 6-12. From physical computing to AP Computer Science, Popfizz provides rigorous materials endorsed by Code.org, CSTA and College Board.